Having a Strong Support System



“I feel strongly about friendships. My friends are part of my support system, they mean so much.” Chioma said. I concur.

I know I can be rather blunt sometimes especially when it concerns my relationships – God, my family, and friends. In secondary school, I used to tell my friends that I’m the only one permitted to make fun of my brother (whom I wanted to trade at the time). I always take it personally when anyone makes any comment about someone I love. I’m quite passionate if you ask me.

My parents are my No. 1 fans. I remember when I called them for a ‘meeting’ and cried and apologized for disappointing them by not being able to get anything doing 2 weeks after school. They just laughed and told me to forget about it. Now that I’m so busy and can’t really help around as much, they cover up for me and help make the process easier for me.

When the inspiration to start a blog came, I didn’t have a computer or a very functional phone at the time. I constantly had to lend my friends' computers to post 3 articles a week for about 2 years up until my brother gave me his computer. I wouldn’t have done it without them.

When I was about to make or even made choices that called for serious beating, my friends would help me out of it and later give me an earful about it. But I loved them the more for it and made better choices.

That’s why I can’t afford to be reckless in making choices about relationships. My family and friends are my backbone. I listen to them and take their advice or words to heart. They keep me in check.

Be intentional about the kind of life you want and make friends in line with your decision. Be a friend as well and stay through for your friends. Relationships can be very demanding as they need to be ‘serviced’ frequently.

Our relationships are our support system. Love and preserve them.

“Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble.” (Eccl. 4: 9-10, NLT)

Comments

Post a Comment

Hello!

Hope you were inspired by this post. Do feel free to comment, ask questions, and spread the word...

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Fighter

Dealing with Failure

When God Seems Distant