How Much Does Jesus Love You?





We are humans and we know that we are limited in our abilities so we make provisions for such. We can call it the ‘human factor’ or ‘human error’ or whatever we want to call it.

When it comes to the subject of love, we tend to also limit ourselves and also place people in our lives on different scales. One will hear questions such as ‘How much do you love me?’ or ‘If you love me then prove it!’ or ‘Do you even love me anymore?’ or ‘I’m sorry. Please don’t leave me.’

I had this mentality too.

I could go the extra mile for only a very few set of people who I felt were worth it. I didn't believe that a girl like me could ever be truly and fully loved.

This isn't an easy thing to carry along with you into Christianity where you’re told and you read it in your Bible and you’re expected to believe in an all-loving God who will never leave you nor forsake you… in a God who will always show up and will always forgive no matter what… in an everyday kind of love.

In fact, He’s a God that forgives and never remembers the sin!

I’m like WOW. My kind of person would like to always taunt you with what you've done (like a classic African parent…lol) even after forgiving you. It’s like something that keeps playing in my head. It’s just like I have my own book of remembrance.

But now I face this truth (Oh yes! It’s true) that Jesus loves me truly and fully and in every kind of way. He leaves the ninety-nine in the open country for one lost sheep (me and for you too). He has the capacity to forgive 490 times and over again in just one day and for every single day!

Jesus didn't know my ancestors before He chose to die for me. We had never exchanged contacts…

I now accept His love for me daily and I’m giving myself daily to Him. He’s done all and even more to prove His love for me and He promises to never walk out the door and leave me hanging.

I don’t know about you but this limitless and crazy kind of love…

It blows my mind!


So Jesus told them this story:

 “If a man has a hundred sheep and one of them gets lost, what will he do? Won’t he leave the ninety-nine others in the wilderness and go to search for the one that is lost until he finds it?
And when he has found it, he will joyfully carry it home on his shoulders.
 When he arrives, he will call together his friends and neighbors, saying, ‘Rejoice with me because I have found my lost sheep.’
In the same way, there is more joy in heaven over one lost sinner who repents and returns to God than over ninety-nine others who are righteous and haven’t strayed away!
(Luke 15:3-7)

Comments

  1. Awesome oh what manner of love the father has given unto us. Basically it's better to have the Love of God in Us that to have the accolades of men. Thanks Dear

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello!

Hope you were inspired by this post. Do feel free to comment, ask questions, and spread the word...

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Fighter

Dealing with Failure

When God Seems Distant