Choosing to Live



Life can be like everything happening all at once and sometimes it can be so still and silent like you’re about to fall off the face of the earth (boring, yeah).

2019 came like a rushing wind and threw me off balance. This was the first year in my ‘must-be-organized’ life that I didn’t make any New Year plans of any sort. I just knew that I was going to need a lot of energy and endurance because I kept hearing it over and over again in my head “2019 – My year of energy”. At first, my mum laughed about it as she had never heard such but as the year took its course, I began to see that I really needed all the energy I could get.

I enrolled for my professional exams this year and had to balance the classes with work and church training. Well, most days felt like ‘Are we there yet? Can I faint now?’ and sometimes I’d just go ‘Oh, whatever’ and sleep without worries.

When I’d remember that I have a phone, I could just take a quick selfie and post it online to show that I’m still alive. Then I’d get comments like “You just dey enjoy yourself o” or “You’re chopping your money now”. I’d laugh over it and say “Abi o” or “It’s not like that o”...

The truth is that every one of us is going through a process that we must stay through and come out on the other side better and stronger than we were or give up and forget about it. We can choose to be consumed with envy and regret or get up and do something about it.

Life is a choice.

Choose to live, to be encouraged, to be positive, and to have fun. It’s not always sunshine and roses but we can make the most out of life with whatever we have while aiming for more... Be content!

"Many people lose the small joys in the hope for the big happiness."
(Pearl S. Buck)

Comments

  1. So true but i think my issue lies with fucosing all that energy. Good thinking dear.
    "The act of thinking is the act of gaining strength" by nnedi okorafor.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello!

Hope you were inspired by this post. Do feel free to comment, ask questions, and spread the word...

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Fighter

Dealing with Failure

When God Seems Distant