The Hurt That Helps



Dear Diary,
             
           Today feels like the best day of my life. I’ve never been this happy since Dave left me last year. I felt really heartbroken back then. The lights went off when he left me for my neighbor, Jewel. I nearly committed suicide by hanging but thank God my mum came knocking.
        
            However, even if it was for today that I lived, I feel fulfilled. Today, I was walking back home from school as usual when I saw something in the bushes... No! It was someone. She was crying and holding something up... A knife! I ran as fast as I could to her aid.

Long story short... It was Jewel trying to kill herself because Dave dumped her the other day. I tried calming her and advised her on how to get through the episode.

Though I couldn’t believe I saved the girl I wanted to kill the previous year, I thank God for everything... saving my life to save another. Moreover, she actually smiled and better still... SHE LAUGHED! I actually made her feel better.

           Then I realized that God had allowed me to experience the hurt that helps others.

            Got to go! Jewel just called... Ciao! 
NOTE: This is a work of fiction. As such, none of the characters are true or exist. The purpose of this write-up is simply to pass on the message that our hurt can help others overcome their pains.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Fighter

Dealing with Failure

When God Seems Distant