Breathe Baby, Breathe



“No pressure, no diamonds.”
(Thomas Carlyle)

A lot has happened since the previous post on distant relationships and a lot of time has passed as well (4 months... phew!). It’s been more of a transition phase for me and I have felt emotions I never thought I would experience.

Getting a job came with its excitement but working on the job and trying to maintain balance also came with its pressure. Some days I’d tell my dad that I just want to sleep and I’d keep pressing the snooze button till the sun came up and I’d have to make a mad dash to get ready for work in time.  

I thought my life would be MADE by now but I still find myself lost and wanting more...

I get under a lot of pressure sometimes and try to take deep breaths and tell myself ‘breathe girl, just breathe, it'll be alright’. I never thought growing up would be like this, it leaves me envying kids whenever I see them play. I’m always like ‘play now o, before you start thinking of getting a job’.

In those crazy moments when emotions and reason are battling in my head, I’ve found it helpful to talk to my mum and some friends, and read my Bible. It’s kinda like offloading…

Have plans and keep busy. Try out some daily exercise, read while in transit, practice what you always dreamed of, take long walks and think things through. It’s okay to think but not to get all worried and stressed out about what's going to happen next. Hang out with friends and just laugh! Maintain a positive attitude.

I’m taking life one step, one day, and one lesson at a time. I know it’s rough now but I hope for better days and these are the moments that really count and are shaping me.

Don’t give up now. Take a deep breath, smile and shake it off.

Comments

  1. I really do envy little children when I see them playing. Growing up has never been what we pictured. Nice one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello!

Hope you were inspired by this post. Do feel free to comment, ask questions, and spread the word...

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Fighter

Dealing with Failure

When God Seems Distant