A Reason To Boast

 

1Corinthians 1:31; 3:21, 2Corinthians 10:13-18


I clearly remember back then when having any discussion with my friends. They always had a really fancy story to tell to show off what they had, where they’d been or what they were planning.


It actually weighed me down a bit because I felt that I had no reason to be involved as I couldn’t show off or boast about anything because I didn’t have such a glamorous life.


However, I’ve come to the realization (and I hope that you do too) that I have a far greater reason to boast to everyone I know not because I have to do so to ‘feel among’ but because I truly can and feel confident about it.


Christ has given us a reason to boast, in fact, many reasons and we are to boast in Christ alone of the eternal future we have in Heaven which He secured for us and the exceeding abundant provision for us on Earth (Ephesians 3:20).


We are kings and priests set apart and called forth for mighty works. We have a purpose driven life. We have a father who is the King of kings and the Lord of lords, Prince of peace and the controller of the universe. We have a friend in Him who will never leave us nor stop loving us no matter what we do (Romans 8:35, 39).


We are able to boast of a life of now and hereafter in bliss. As Christians, we are to hold on to Christ as we are nothing without Him.


It’s in Him we find ourselves!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Fighter

Dealing with Failure

When God Seems Distant