Learning to Trust




“Relationships are supposed to be about trust…” 
(Sheila in Why Did I Get Married Too, 2010)

Trust. Total trust. Complete trust…

I just decided to give it a try…

Not like this was a trust issue but I got insight (the light!) into something else.

I was asked to choose between two bottles of water. One was half full while the other was lesser, more like a quarter of the bottle. So, he asked me “Which one do you want?” and I replied “Anyone you give me.” He smiled and gave me the bottle that was half full...

Ordinarily, I would've chosen the lesser one (you know... be forming 'humble') and would've been left thinking probably ‘What if I had gone for the bigger one?’ or maybe not.

Instantly, a thought flashed through my mind.

So many times, we choose the lesser option because we think that’s what God would want us to have or as a sign of humility. But God actually wants us to have the best! Sometimes, we go for the lesser because we don’t trust God enough to think that He wants us to have it bigger.

We spend so much time planning out everything and striving to get it done (Not like it’s bad to plan or anything… but where is the place of trusting God to see you through in some really tacky situations). So, we get to a spot where instead of trusting in God and waiting on Him for headway, we go for whatever we think is the only option available for us – the lesser.

God actually has a plan! He has a plan for me and for you and believe it or not, His plans are G-O-O-D and He never fails. You and I just have to trust Him. Even though we don’t get the full picture now and it doesn't seem to make any sense, simply trust and obey.

The Father’s heart is full of love…

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
(Jeremiah 29:11, NIV)

Comments

Post a Comment

Hello!

Hope you were inspired by this post. Do feel free to comment, ask questions, and spread the word...

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Fighter

Dealing with Failure

When God Seems Distant