'One Chance'


 

‘One Chance’: (Nigerian slang) usually associated with public means of transportation whereby the passengers become victims used for rituals.

As for me, ‘I for don enter one chance!’

… I just had to go and get my phone which I had forgotten in my dad’s car from my mom cuz I was travelling the next day from my brother’s place. Being in a hurry, I was glad to get into a car (a small private vehicle used for transportation) quickly.

Shortly after I got in, one of the passengers told the driver to stop and to get his bags from the boot/trunk. Weirdly (cuz it never happens), the driver asked him of the contents of the bag to which the man replied that it contained the baby clothes he was selling.

Immediately, the driver said that he was taking him to the police station because he was lying. To cut the long story short, the man ‘confessed’ that it was actually some money he had stolen from his Lebanese boss (about $1million) who owed him for 8years.

 He agreed to give everyone in the car (4 people including myself and the driver) $5000 each (approx. 2.5million Naira). But the driver said that he'd have to drive to a more isolated area as there was a police officer close by.

I was asked what my take on the issue was and I instantly replied that I couldn’t partake in such and the driver immediately opened the door for me to exit the vehicle and sped off.

Truth was, my heart was beating wildly and all my senses were screaming at me to get out of there.

I asked myself WWJD? (What Would Jesus Do?)

I knew he’d never subscribe to theft or even partake of the loot. If I had, I would as well be a thief.

Though in this present economy, that money would’ve gone a loooooong way in my life! I mean, I would’ve been a millionaire!

But what if I had just ended up as spare parts or something crazy?!

Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.’
Proverbs 22:6 (KJV)

What will save you most times in such tempting situations are your beliefs, training but most importantly, ask yourself, WWJD?
 

Comments

  1. Thank God you were not spare parts oh... Nice one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah.. Thank God oh! I'm still whole... Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello!

Hope you were inspired by this post. Do feel free to comment, ask questions, and spread the word...

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Fighter

Dealing with Failure

When God Seems Distant