Bounce Back to Life



Overthinker... Sir-think-a lot.

If there’s anything like that…

That’s me!

I have this habit of thinking too much and getting lost in my thoughts (I could just staaaaaare at the ceiling). Then my dad would snap me out of it and I’d get back to reality.

I had to be honest with myself. Daddy’s not going to be there all the time to ‘snap me out of it’ so I decided to do the snapping myself. Whenever I notice myself slipping away, I’d start talking out loud, shake my head or do something to alert my senses.

Fact: Almost everyone (especially girls) did this.

Daydreaming or thinking too much takes your time, focus and emotions. You get to slip away from reality and create your fantasy world from time to time. Truth is, no matter how awesome fantasy is, it’s never going to be reality.

Escaping from reality isn’t such a bad idea but staying away for too long is (just like avoiding chores, it won’t vanish). Things may start getting worse and you’d get to notice when it’s too late. Even sins and problems can emanate from thinking too much.

You’ve got to alert your five senses, stay in touch and get things done. Life isn’t fair but when it gives you pepper, you make pepper soup!

When you lose focus or attention, shout!

It helps bring your five senses back to consciousness


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Fighter

Dealing with Failure

When God Seems Distant