Birds of a Feather




               "The key is to keep company only with people who uplift you, whose presence calls forth your best" (Epictetus)
               
               The talk of friendship and choosing your circle of friends wisely has been existent in most success seminars (spiritual or relationship wise) and most of us just jot it down but never act it out or develop an action plan.

                However, I decided at a time to follow the instructions by listing out the people in my life, their impacts and personalities. From there, I had to select those who could be of positive influence or impact to me for my future. I also had to list out those potential people I needed to get closer to and those I could also influence positively.

                This order brought about a sense of realization that I couldn't be everywhere with everyone. This was accompanied by a sense of distinction that I needed to separate myself from certain kinds of people (or at least relate from a distance).

                Hence, I began to select who and what were allowed to influence me. This was because I saw that there are friends who stick closer than a brother (Proverbs 18:24) and those who leave you in the lurch, friends who help you store up and those who blow it all away (The Prodigal Son). (Some of us actually spend 80% of our time with our friends so you can imagine the level of influence they have on such people).


                The greatest tool God has given us is CHOICE. You can choose to have a limited scope of life or truly understand it for yourself. You can choose the friends who will make or mar you. And don't ever think or believe that you can't rise after a fall.

The choice is yours... Choose Wisely! 

Comments

  1. Iron shapeneth iron, those who are around have big influence on you, thank God I met you when I did, you have been a blessing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank God I met you too Emmy! You're a true friend indeed. God bless you for me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello!

Hope you were inspired by this post. Do feel free to comment, ask questions, and spread the word...

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Fighter

Dealing with Failure

When God Seems Distant